Representatives from Visit England, Marketing Edinburgh and TFI Meeting Group will sit on the education panel for The Meetings Show UK, chaired by The Right Solution’s
Sally Greenhill. Organiser Centaur Exhibitions says the inaugural show will be
as focused on learning and development as much as networking and exhibiting.
The exact topics for the education sessions have
yet to be decided, but they are expected to reflect ongoing industry issues and
trends as well as responding to the needs of visitors.
Greenhill said: “We can identify the key issues affecting all aspects of
meetings industry and pioneers who have knowledge and expertise that will be of
value to visitors. The comprehensive programme will appeal to everyone
participating in the show and involved in the industry, including corporate,
association, charity, government or agency."
The full Education Panel includes:
• Sally Greenhill, managing director, The Right Solution
• Paul Kennedy MBE, strategic advisor to The Meetings Show UK
/ chairman Centaur Travel Group
• Heledd Williams, head of business tourism and major events,
Cardiff and Co.
• Juliet Price, director, Polygon Consulting
• Caroline Hill, director, Compliant Venues
• Annalisa Ponchia CMM, executive Office – European Society
for Organ Transplantation
• Angie Mason, director, Absolute Corporate Events
• Elling Hamso, managing partner, Event ROI Institute
• Simon Gidman, head of business tourism, Visit England
• Lesley Williams, head of association sales, Marketing
• Caitriona Lavery, sales manager, Hastings Hotels
• Caroline Windsor, director, TFI Meeting Group
The Meetings Show UK takes place from 9-11 July 2013 at Olympia, London and is expected to attract 1,500
hosted buyers from across the UK and Europe.