Email the editor

Details emerge of £3.8bn Informa and UBM merger

Informa shareholders will own 65.5 per cent of the firm, while UBM investors will take the remaining 34.5 per cent
31/01/2018

Pictured: Stephen Carter

Informa has revealed details of its £3.8 billion deal to buy out rival trade show organiser UBM. The terms of the deal will see Informa shareholders own 65.5 per cent of the firm, while UBM investors will take the remaining 34.5 per cent.

Informa CEO Stephen Carter said that the merger is set to deliver annual cost savings of at least £60m.

He said: “Our recommended offer for UBM promises to create a leading B2B (business to business) information services group with the international reach and market capabilities to take full advantage of these trends.

“The enlarged group has the potential to deliver strong growth and significant value for shareholders.

“We will seek to operate with speed and purpose through an accelerated integration plan that unifies management, combines our businesses and adopts a focused approach to industry specialisation.”

The merger will also see job losses as Informa confirmed that a ‘relatively small number’ of management roles will be cut. Informa has 3,500 UK employees, and when the merger takes place it will create a combined workforce of more than 11,000.


Facebook Share Twitter Share LinkeIn Share